Linux users patiently watchful for Valve to supplement a ability to play Windows games on a Linux handling complement around Steam. May be gratified to know that a new refurbish has been rolled out this week enabling a ability to suffer a preference of Windows games on Linux.
Valve explains some-more in their central refurbish on a Steam village website :
– Windows games with no Linux chronicle now accessible can now be commissioned and run directly from a Linux Steam client, finish with local Steamworks and OpenVR support.
– DirectX 11 and 12 implementations are now formed on Vulkan, ensuing in softened diversion harmony and reduced opening impact.
– Fullscreen support has been improved: fullscreen games will be seamlessly stretched to a preferred arrangement but interfering with a local guard fortitude or requiring a use of a practical desktop.
– Improved diversion controller support: games will automatically commend all controllers upheld by Steam. Expect some-more out-of-the-box controller harmony than even a strange chronicle of a game.
– Performance for multi-threaded games has been severely softened compared to vanilla Wine.
Games that are now accessible during a initial open beta contrast proviso embody :
Bejeweled 2 Deluxe
Doki Doki Literature Club!
DOOM II: Hell on Earth
FINAL FANTASY VI
Google Earth VR
Into The Breach
Magic: The Gathering – Duels of a Planeswalkers 2012
Magic: The Gathering – Duels of a Planeswalkers 2013
Mount Blade: With Fire Sword
PAYDAY: The Heist
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
Star Wars: Battlefront 2
The Last Remnant
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War – Dark Crusade
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War – Soulstorm
For some-more sum burst over to a central “Steam for Linux” blog post on a Steam Community around a couple below.
Filed Under: Gaming News, Linux News, Top News